There’s nothing quite like a day full of family fun here in the beautiful Central Coast! From beach days and hiking adventures to park picnics and everything in between, there’s no shortage of opportunities to turn an ordinary day into one full of adventure, learning, and wonder! Everyday is a chance to make memories that both you and your kids will cherish for a lifetime – especially when you plan a perfect day with Splash Café at Dinosaur Caves Park! But first, COFFEE (in your favorite Splash Café mug, of course.)
1) Pack up the kids (along with all of their favorite toys and must-haves) and head over to Splash Café for lunch. Whether you’ve got picky eaters or not, our menu has something every kid and adult will love. Mom and Dad can dive into a steaming bowl of our Award-Winning Clam Chowder (best served in a toasty bread bowl and loaded with seafood, clams, green onions, bacon, and cheese). We’ve also got monstrous sandwiches like our Shrimp SLO Boy or Aloha Salmon Sandwich that are sure to fill your tank for a fun-filled day of running alongside the kids!
If you’ve got adventurous eaters, have them try our fish & chips or maybe even grilled salmon tacos. If seafood isn’t their style, they will love a cheeseburger, corn dog, or a go-to order of chicken strips and curly fries. Either way, they’re sure to enjoy every bite!
2) Grab some Splash dessert to-go and hop over to Dinosaur Caves Park. Our brownie swirls or cookies are perfect to eat on-the-go. Enjoy them while looking over the water at one of Dinosaur Cave Park’s cliffside picnic areas. Dessert & a view? It doesn’t get much better than that! Speaking of dessert, if after your adventure you’re missing our chowder & dessert, you can get a family pack of both shipped straight home to enjoy while you’re not out and about.
3) Take over the play area! It’s no doubt the kids have some extra energy to burn off after devouring a cookie or two. Good thing Dinosaur Caves Park has tons of space to run around! Plus, there are lots of animal statues at the park, perfect for Instagram-worthy photo-ops and even for having some fun and interactive learning time. Have the kids start at one end of the park and race to the biggest animal or find an animal that lives in the water. Ask them to imitate the sounds or movements of each animal (get ready to hit record). Have them make up a story about their adventures at sea while aboard the USS Imagination. The possibilities are endless!
4) Do a walking scavenger hunt. A great way to take in the views while also keeping the kids engaged and entertained is to do a walking scavenger hunt. There’s no shortage of animal and plant life at Dinosaur Caves Park, which makes it a great place to play I-Spy with your eagle-eyed hunters. Have them spot pelicans flying in the sky (bonus points if they catch one diving in the water for dinner). Look for sea lions swimming along the coast or basking in the sun. Play a color game and see if they can find all the colors of the rainbow in the many flowers and plants that line the cliffside. You’ll all have fun hunting and you’re sure to take in the beauty of the great outdoors like never before!
5) Take a tour of the caves on a Kayak. If you have smaller kiddos, your adventure will probably not include this. But, if your kids are older, taking a tour of the so-called “Dinosaur Caves” is a breathtaking experience that will be the icing on the cake to your perfect day. Venture in and around the caves on the coastline and explore their natural beauty. Take in the magnificent colors of the rocks and sit in awe of the aqua-blue ocean sparkling underneath you. If you brought the kids, continue your scavenger hunt while looking for sea life along the coast!
Your perfect day with Splash Café will hold memories, laughter, and adventure that will forever be cherished by both you and your kids. Family fun is the best part of being a family, and if you’re ever in need of some fun, you’re always welcome to be part of our Splash Café family and plan a perfect day with us all over again!
Pride Month is almost here! Let your true colors shine at an LGBTQIA+-friendly weekend getaway on the beautiful Central Coast! Whether you’re looking for a fun-filled weekend with friends orRead more
Mothers are the glue that hold our families together. They work day and night to take care of all of us, whether it’s cooking dinner, helping with homework, or kissing booboos. Create the Perfect Mother’s Day with Splash Café for them!Read more
Family time, festivities, and… So. Much. CANDY! What’s not to love about Easter? It’s a time to start fresh and enjoy all things Spring, including sunshine, blooming flowers, and a sweet treat or two.Read more
In honor of National Clam Chowder, Day, we’re donating 10% of our in-store proceeds from Feb. 25 and 26 to The Martha Olson-Fernandez Foundation (MOFF) to help fight ALS. So stop in at our Pismo Beach or San Luis Obispo locations to eat some super tasty food and get fully loaded for a good cause!Read more
Happy New Year from the Splash Café family! We have some exciting stuff in store at our San Luis Obispo and Pismo Beach locations. Here are five ways we’re planning to make a big Splash in the New Year!Read more
Winter on the Central Coast is nothing short of magical, and it’s a sure sign the holiday season has arrived when the fabulous decorations are up at Madonna Inn—a must-book spot for visitors and locals alike, especially this time of year!Read more
The holidays are fast approaching! It’s a special time to focus on the things we’re thankful for, like food, friends, and family. We’re thankful for our Splash Café Family!Read more
Autumn is finally here, which means soup season is upon us! Now is the time to put on your favorite cozy sweater and enjoy the fresh bounty of fun activities the Central Coast has to offer.Read more
Imagine this: It’s getting close to mealtime and your stomach is growling, “FEED ME!” You head to one of our Splash Café locations—Pismo Beach or San Luis Obispo— because you know it’s guaranteed…Read more